Office of the Dean
214 Farish Hall
Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Outreach
214 Farish Hall
Office of Graduate Studies
256 Farish Hall
Department of Curriculum and Instruction
236 Farish Hall
Department of Psychological, Health, and Learning Sciences
491 Farish Hall
Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies
112 Farish Hall
Robert H. McPherson, Ph.D., University of Houston.
Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies:
Jonathan Schwartz, Ph.D., New Mexico State University (Interim).
Associate Dean for Graduate Studies:
Jonathan Schwartz, Ph.D., New Mexico State University.
Associate Dean for Research:
Ezemenari M. Obasi, Ph.D. Ohio State University (Interim).
College Business Administrator:
Paul Roch, M.B.A., University of Houston.
Degree Requirements and Regulations
The College of Education has a broad mission; the key feature is the preparation of professionals who develop the full human potential of the people they serve in schools and a wide variety of non-school settings by:
- Preparing professional individuals to conduct research and provide services and education in the health sciences;
- Educating practitioners for roles in teaching, counseling, psychology, administration and applied practice;
- Advancing the knowledge and skills of experienced practitioners;
- Advancing conceptual and methodological knowledge to conduct research;
- Advancing knowledge through scholarly investigation; and
- Leading and serving the organizations that benefit the communities of practice and academic study.
The College offers a range of graduate programs. The Departments of Curriculum and Instruction, Psychological, Health, and Learning Sciences, and Educational Leadership and Policy Studies all offer programs that award the Master of Education (M.Ed.). The Department of Curriculum and Instruction, Psychology, Health, and Learning Sciences, and Educational Leadership and Policy Studies all offer programs that award a Doctor of Education (Ed.D.), and/or Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degrees. The Department of Curriculum and Instruction offers professional certificates. Each department lists the specific requirements to these programs.
Accreditation and Memberships
College of Education Accreditations:
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE/CAPE)
- American Psychological Association
- The Texas State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC)