Aug 11, 2020  
2015-2016 Graduate Catalog 
2015-2016 Graduate Catalog [Not Current Academic Year. Consult with Your Academic Advisor for Your Catalog Year]

Hydrogeology Certificate Program

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Graduate School

The Hydrogeology Certificate of Completion offered by the Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences is available to both graduate students and non-degree seeking professionals.  This certificate is designed for professionals who wish to be recognized as having a broad background in the area of hydrogeology without completion of an advanced degree.  This may include geologists currently working in the petroleum industry who wish to obtain positions in the environmental industry, as well as those with hydrogeology positions but lacking formal course work in that area.  Classes for certification are part of the Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences regular course offerings and thus are generally offered once every two years

Admission Requirements

Students seeking the Hydrogeology certificate must have an undergraduate degree in geology (although students with a degree in civil engineering or a related field will be considered) and must hold graduate or post-baccalaureate status  in the Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the University of Houston.

For students enrolled in the graduate program, courses applied to the certificate can also be used toward a graduate degree. Students must fulfill the prerequisites for all required courses.  Submission of official transcripts and verbal, quantitative, and analytical writing GRE scores are required.

Certificate Course Requirements

The certificate requires completion of 15 credit hours from the following courses with a grade of B or higher in all courses used for the certifice and with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 in all graduate course work:

Section A - Core Courses Total 12 Credit Hours

Section B - Electives, Select 3 Credit Hours from the following:

12 Credit Hours Rule:

At least 12 Credit Hours must be earned in residence at the University of Houston.

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Graduate School