Oct 01, 2022
|Colleges > Cullen College of Engineering > Department of Mechanical Engineering > Subsea Engineering Program > Advanced Subsea Engineering Certificate
Who Should Apply?
Practicing engineers and recent Bachelor of Science in engineering graduates are qualified to apply. The curriculum advances both the science and engineering of subsea systems. The participants will gain a solid, diverse knowledge base in subsea engineering as well as an understanding of industry best practices and state and federal regulations governing them. The courses are part of a graduate engineering program and are taught at the graduate level.
NOTE: The Advanced Subsea Engineering Certificate is only available for Fall admissions.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required.
- Official transcripts must be mailed to:
University of Houston Subsea Engineering
Department of Mechanical Engineering
N207 Engineering Bldg. 1
Houston, Texas 77204-4006
- An online application must be completed at https://www.applytexas.org.
- TOEFL exam for students whose native language is not English.
- Application Fees:
- Domestic: $25.00
- International: $75.00
Application Due Dates
- Certificate Only Option - This is a non-degree option. The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score is waived for non-degree option applicants.
- Each course costs $3,000.00.
Certificate in Advanced Subsea Engineering
- Restricted Elective 3
- Restricted Elective 4
- Restricted Elective 5
Restricted electives are selected among the following classes:
*ONE MECE science-based graduate course may be taken in each certificate and would thus replace one Subsea Engineering course per certificate.
*Only three Subsea courses will transfer to the MS program.
See also: Subsea Engineering Certificate