Jun 15, 2024  
2018-2019 Undergraduate Catalog 
2018-2019 Undergraduate Catalog [Not Current Academic Year. Consult with Your Academic Advisor for Your Catalog Year]

Engineering Footnotes

College: Cullen College of Engineering

1 Refer to the University of Houston Admissions website for information on equivalents and substitutions and for information on advanced placement examinations.

2 Students not qualified to enter MATH 1431  must complete MATH 1300 , MATH 1310  and/or MATH 1330 , as indicated by results of the Mathematics placement examination, prior to enrolling in MATH 1431 .

3 Students must complete successfully one chemistry elective, two technical electives and one science elective chosen from a list published by the Department of Chemical Engineering twice a year. These electives must be chosen from within one of the following six specialties: Process Engineering, Biotechnology, Electronic Materials, Process Control, Environmental Engineering and Petroleum Engineering. Students must also complete successfully either Biochemical Engineering or Materials Science & Engineering II.

4 This degree may require three additional semester hours. Note the graphics requirement described under this department section.

5 Electives in the BSCE Degree Program are described on the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering Website. Elective selections must be approved by BSCE program director.

A list of approved Technical Communication courses will be available in the department and posted on the departmental Web site.

7 Electives in the BSEE Degree Program are described on the ECE Department website.

8 Electives in the BSCpE Degree Program are described on the ECE Department website.

9  Approved technical courses are MATH 3336 , MATH 3333 , MANA 3335 , MIS 3370 , and INDE 4388 . Other technical courses must be approved in advance by the Industrial Engineering departmental advisor.

10 Electives can be chosen from any MECE 5000 -level course, or upon approval of the department, a MECE 6000 -level course or an appropriate course outside of MECE.

11 Electives can be chosen from any upper-level course (BIOE 3000, 4000, or 5000), with the approval of the undergraduate advisor. BIOE 6000-level course, or an appropriate course outside of BIOE may be considered.