For a minor in American Cultures, a student must complete at least 18 semester hours of approved course work, including
- AMER 3300 and AMER 4300
- 12 Semester hours, nine of which must be advanced, in designated American Cultures courses, with the following stipulations:
- No more than 6 hours from one department.
- At least 3 hours from courses taught in the social sciences fields of study.
- At least 3 hours from courses taught in the humanities, fine arts, and communications fields of study.
- At least 3 hours in a course the primary focus of which is not the United States.
Students must complete at least 9 of 18 hours in residence, including 6 advanced hours. Students must earn a minimum 2.00 grade point average in all courses attempted in the minor.
Students may obtain a complete list of courses approved for this minor in the office of the dean, 402 Agnes Arnold Hall.
Briefly, students may fulfill the humanities, fine arts, and communication fields of study of this minor with approved courses in African American studies, art history, English, German, history, journalism, Mexican
American studies, music, philosophy, radio-television, and theatre.
Students may fulfill the social sciences fields of study of this minor with approved courses in anthropology, political science, and sociology. Appropriate selected topics courses from both sections may apply by petition.